This recipe will save your family calories, fat and sodium when you swap in PopChips rather than regular potato chips. As a bonus,
PopChips offers multiple flavors – so you can serve barbeque “fried” chicken one night and cheddar “fried” chicken the next.
Serving Size : 4
1 pound chicken breast halves without skin -- sliced
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups PopChips -- Parmesan Garlic, Barbeque, or Cheddar (2 oz.)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese -- grated
1. Place chicken into a glass bowl and cover with buttermilk. Stir to coat. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. Place PopChips in a plastic sealable bag, and crush into small pieces. Place crushed chips into a dry saucepan over medium heat. In less than a minute, when you hear the hiss from the chips, add the parmesan cheese and remove from heat. Toss the cheese with the chips until well incorporated.
4. Drain the chicken and discard the buttermilk. Dredge the chicken in the PopChip crumb mixture and place on a baking rack over a sheet pan.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until the outside is crispy and the chicken is done. Serve hot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving : 214 Calories; 5g Fat; 26g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 336mg Sodium.