- 1 small package Sugar Free Flavored Gelatin (lime, cherry, orange, or lemon)
- 1/2 cup Spenda sweetener (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1-20 ounce can unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2-8 ounce packages fat free cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 to ½ cup Grape-nut cereal
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Drain pineapple into a microwavable bowl. Heat to boiling. Dissolve SF flavored gelatin in boiling juice. Dissolve Splenda sweetener in juice. Dice cream cheese. Stir or whisk cream cheese until broken apart. Do not beat. Stir in crushed pineapple.
Spray container with non-stick spray. Pour in enough Grape Nuts to line the pan. Carefully spoon or pour in gelatin mixture. Sprinkle slivered almonds on top. Taste. Additional sweetener may be needed to suit taste. Chill and serve as a salad over spinach leaves or a dark lettuce. For a light dessert, use a round pie plate and cut into wedges. Garnish with mint leaves. Great for snacks.