- 2.5 quarts chicken stock
- 2 cans of white beans
- 2 cans of pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine
- salt to taste
- Garnish: 1 cup roasted garlic croutons
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 1 minute. Add the onion, celery, bell peppers, garlic, and thyme. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the vegetables become translucent. Add the white wine and chicken stock, simmer for 45 minutes. To serve, ladle soup into warm bowls and garnish with cream, croutons, and pomegranate seeds.
Directions for Roasted Garlic Croutons: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the crust of 4 slices of French or sourdough bread and slice into ½ inch strips. Cut strips into ½ inch cubes. Combine olive oil, salad, and roasted garlic in mixing bowl, add the bread cubes. Mix thoroughly and place on sheet pan. Bake in oven until croutons are golden brown, 5-7 minutes.