- 24 corn tortillas
- 1-8oz. tub sour cream
- 2 lb. ground meat *ground turkey or chicken works well too
- 2 large cans whole green chilies
- 1 large can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 2 cans chopped green chilies with diced tomatoes
- 3 TBS ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 3-12 oz. packages of shredded cheese
In a large skillet, brown meat, onions, and peppers until meat is done. Cook over medium-high heat. Drain fat. Lower heat and stir in soup, green chilies with tomatoes and sour cream. Cook until all the soup is dissolved. Remove from heat. Spray 9 x 11 x 13” pan. Layer bottom of pan with tortillas. Layer tortillas with 1 can of whole green chilies. Top with meat mixture. Top with choice of cheese. Repeat all steps. Finish dish with cheese on top. Bake at 350, uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve hot. Makes 8 servings.
Tip of the week: I recommend using two different types of cheese. Pepper jack and mild cheddar. Also, if you need to serve more than eight, just double the recipe as needed. Enjoy!