Chunky Shrimp Salsa
Hasn't the much needed rain been wonderful this week? Rainy days always get me in the mood to cook and with my Charlie starting Pre-K this week, I actually have some quiet time to play in the kitchen. One of my most favorite things in the world to nibble on is salsa and chips. So today's recipe is one I came up with during my much anticipated quiet time. Enjoy!
- 1 - 8 oz. Can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 pods of fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 TBS. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 TBS, lemon juice
- 6 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3TBS. extra virgin olive oil
In a large skillet, heat oil until smoking. Add peppers, onion, garlic and jalapeno. Cook on high heat stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add shrimp. Cook another minute then add diced tomatoes, cilantro, and lemon juice. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into a non-reactive container and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.Tip of the week:
Place fresh garlic in the microwave for 20 seconds on high. The garlic pops out of the skin making it easier to work with.