- 1 - 8 oz. Can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 pods of fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 TBS. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 TBS, lemon juice
- 6 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3TBS. extra virgin olive oil
In a large skillet, heat oil until smoking. Add peppers, onion, garlic and jalapeno. Cook on high heat stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add shrimp. Cook another minute then add diced tomatoes, cilantro, and lemon juice. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into a non-reactive container and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
Tip of the week: Place fresh garlic in the microwave for 20 seconds on high. The garlic pops out of the skin making it easier to work with.