Red Pepper and Shrimp Pasta
As seen on First News AM!
- 1 box whole wheat pasta
- 1 pound cooked, peeled, and de-veined shrimp (61 count)
- 1/2 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 jar garlic and parmesan sauce
- 1 package grated parmesan cheese
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup white cooking wine or regular wine
- Parsley for garnish
In a large pot, boil spaghetti for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, spray pan and sauté, mushrooms and peppers over medium heat. Add garlic powder. Pour garlic and parmesan sauce in a pan. Add wine. Mix thoroughly with mushrooms and peppers. Simmer for 5 minutes. Fold in shrimp. Heat for 2-3 minutes. Place pasta in a bowl and spoon shrimp sauce on top. Top with grated parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with a salad and hot garlic bread.