Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna
Cathy's special chicken and vegetable lasagna is nice and warm for cold weather and SO easy to put together, anyone can do it!
- 1 large package Skinner extra wide noodles
- 2 cans, 14.5 oz., Hunt's diced tomotoes (1 can basil, garlic, and
- oregano, 1 can roasted garlic)
- 2 packages frozen, chopped spinach; thawed and drained
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken strips
- 1 large container of small curd cottage cheese
- 1 jar Ragu parmesan and mozzarella cheese sauce
- 2 medium zucchini squash, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 packages shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
***Cut every ingredient in half for a smaller portion.
In a large pan, boil chicken with garlic powder until done. About 20 minutes. Drain and cube. In a bowl, add chicken and parmesan and mozzarella cheese sauce. Mix well. Set aside. In a large baking dish, spray with cooking spray. Pour bag of egg noodles, lining the bottom of the pan. Spoon spinach over noodles. Spread out evenly. Pour chicken mixture over the spinach. Add you cubed squashes and sprinkle with basil and Italian seasoning. Pour both cans of tomatoes over the chicken. Spread out evenly with a spatula. Evenly spread cottage cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Top with shredded parmesan cheese. Recover and let stand until cheese is melted. Serve with salad and garlic rolls.
TIP: Be sure and spray the foil before placing it to bake over cheese. This will keep the cheese from melting to the foil.