Spinach & Mushroom Omelet
Makes a great breakfast for a special occasion!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1-8 oz. package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 package Knorr's Hollandaise sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In a large bowl, add all spices, eggs and milk. Beat until combined. Set aside. In a small skillet, melt butter and add olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown. Add 1/2 cup of spinach. Stir together. Add egg mixture. Stir and shake omelet pan to keep eggs from sticking. After 2-3 minutes, add cheese to the middle of the omelet. Pour and fold omelet onto a plate. Follow directions to the hollandaise sauce. ***Add a pinch of cayenne and a teaspoon of ketchup to add color if desired. Spoon over omelet. Serve with fresh fruit mixture.