Cathy's stew is great with her Jalapeno Cornbread!
- 1 lb. tenderized beef
- 1 lb. stew meat
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 lb. frozen petite peas
- 1/2 lb. frozen white corn
- 1/2 lb. frozen, cut green beans
- 1/4 package already prepared carrots
- 8-10 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cups water
In a large pan, sear stew meat over high heat for 5 minutes. Add onions. Cook until onions are caramelized or turn golden brown. Reduce heat. Add water and cover. Simmer over low-medium heat for 30 minutes. Add vegetables. Stir and add 2 more cups of water. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve hot.