Basil Chicka-Caddo Sandwich
This recipe is four 4 sandwiches.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 4 deli sliced pieces of Provolone cheese
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread
- 2 hot house tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 2 heaping tablespoons of light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian spaghetti sauce
Mix all spices together in a bowl. This creates a dry rub. Rub the dry mix on both sides of each chicken breast. Grill over a hot fire to sear meat. Cook until juices run clear. When chicken is done, take a teaspoon and spoon out slices of avocado one at a time and place on top of chicken breast. Cover with a slice of cheese and melt. In a small bowl, combine the two ingredients for tomato mayonaise and stir until combined. Spread on bread. Garnish with vegetables. Place chicken breast on top of vegetables. Cut diagonally and serve.