- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless turkey breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 (14-1/2 oz.) cans no-salt-added tomatoes, chopped
- 10-1/2 oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
- 10 oz. package frozen no-salt-added corn
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 oz. can chopped green chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, cruched
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a large plastic bag with a tight-fitting seal, combine flour, salt, and black pepper. Add turkey cubes and shake until well coated. Shake off excess flour. In a Dutch oven, combine coated turkey with remaining ingredients except cilantro. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes or until turkey is done, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro.
Microwave Method: Halve ingredients listed above (will serve 4 as a main dish). Prepare turkey cubes as directed. Combine coated turkey and remaining ingredients except cilantro in a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish. Cover and cook on 100 percent power (high) for 15 minutes or until turkey is done, stirring twice. Stir in cilantro.