- Homemade or frozen pie shell (9 in.)
- 1 large tomato, medium sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded cheese
- 2 cups fresh basil, (do not chop)
- 2-3 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
With a fork, prick the bottom of the uncooked pie shell. Layer the bottom with the mozzarella cheese. Top with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle the olive oil over tomatoes. Top with fresh basil. Cook on 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until crust is lightly brown.
Tip: When cooking with tomatoes in a pie, make sure the tomatoes are not too ripe. They tend to hold their juice and texture when they are a little more firm.
4201 Texoma Pkwy
(903) 892 -8123
2624 S. Commerce
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2013 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability
User Agent: CCBot/2.0 - 494947