- 1 ¾ cups oat flour (May use part oat and part white flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup liquid Butter Buds
- 2 tablespoons water (May need a little more)
- 3 -8 oz. packages fat free cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1 ½ cups fructose
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can tart unsweetened cherries
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup fructose
- 1 package dry Butter Buds
- 8 -10 packages Nutra Sweet (optional)
***Also may use 1 can sugar free cherry pie filling. If used add extra sweeteners.
Mix together in food processor (may be mixed by hand). Roll out between pieces of waxed paper. Place into sprayed pan and press with fingertips until bottom and sides are covered half way up. Set aside and prepare filling.
Beat egg whites until they are foamy. Add fructose a little at a time and continue beating until peaks appear. On low speed, add cream cheese until all stirred in. Add vanilla extract. Pour into pan and bake in a 350 degree oven approximately 50 to 55 minutes. If it appears to be cooking too fast, turn oven down to 325 degrees and open door a little to slow speed of cooking. Bake until it is set in the middle. Remove from oven and cool. Can be made in 2 pie pans. And can be made into individual tart pans. Baking time is less when using smaller pans.
Drain cherries and pick through by lightly pressing each cherry to remove pits. Add red food coloring to cherries. Mix dry fructose, dry Butter Buds, and flour together. Mix into cherry juice. Microwave on high 1 minute and stir. Continue cooking and stirring at 30 second intervals until thickened. Add cherries and add several packages of Nutra-Sweet for added sweetness. Cool. When cheesecake is cool pour cherry topping over top. Keep in refrigerator until time to serve. Slice into 1 ½ to 2 inch servings. This keeps well for several days.