Grilled Chicken with Oranges and Avocado
By: Beth Pilkilton
Many have asked about Beth's turkey spaghetti recipe. It will be posted in the very near future. Thanks for your patience!
For the chicken:
1 cup low-fat or non-fat plain yogurt
1/4 cup minced red onion
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons honey
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 4 to 6 oz. each
For the garnish:
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1. For the chicken: Mix all the ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl. Add the chicken to the mixture and coat evenly. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes or over night.
2. Preheat the grill or broiler.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. (This protects against cross-contamination.) Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Place the chicken on the grill or under the broiler and cook until the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
5. In the meantime, peel, core and chop the avocado and toss it with the lime juice quickly so that it doesn't discolor. Add the oranges, onion and cilantro. Season with salt and serve on top of the chicken.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Number of Servings: 4
Carbohydrate 23 g
Fat 7 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 37 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Sodium 202 mg