- 2 pounds, shaved, top sirloin steak (any butcher can do this for you)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 package Harvest mixed salad (pre-washed and ready to use)
- 1 can pitted, whole black olives
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 package cherry tomatoes (Cathy leaves them whole, but you can cut them in half if desired)
- 1 package, low-fat peppercorn feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 jar peppercorn peppers
- 1 bottle of low-fat Italian dressing
In a large skillet over medium heat, pour in olive oil. Heat olive oil to smoking point. Add steak. Top the steak with the 3 spices. Sear for 2 minutes, turning once. Remove steak from pan, and slice into bite size portions. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, add half the bottle of dressing to the bottom of the bowl. Add all other ingredients, except the peppers, including the steak. Toss well, and chill for 30 minutes. Serve on a dinner plate, topping each salad with 3 peppercorn peppers. Serves 4
Tip of the Week: Always let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing into it. Doing this will always give you a better tasting steak. Resting a steak allows for even distribution of the spices.
Health Tip: Try to stay away from iceberg lettuce. The health content of this type of lettuce is equal to that of cardboard!