No-Bake Cookies from First News at Noon 5/25/07
Chef Anne Astle stopped by the First News studios Friday to share some benefits of using agave as a sugar substitute.
Video will be available shortly.
1 cup evaporated milk
2 cups light agave
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup unsweetened creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cups quick oats
1. In a medium saucepan add milk, agave, butter and cocoa powder.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until peanut butter is mostly dissolved. Some of the peanut butter may still be visible.
4. Place oatmeal into a large mixing bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over oatmeal. Stir to coat.
5. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
6. Pour cookie mixture into baking dish. Press down with spoon.
7. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares.