- East Central University men’s tennis juniors Max DeJuan and Marc Fillat have been named to the 2014 All-Great American Conference First Team for the second-straight season, as voted on by the league’s head coaches.
- Southeastern's Darija Catipovic wrapped up the 2013-14 season by earning a second team All-Great American Conference selection while helping the Savage Storm to the third seed in the upcoming GAC Tournament.
- Southeastern wrapped its sweep of the Great American Conference schedule by placing Alberto Blesa and Nathan Nelmes on the league's All-Conference team, with Nelmes also winning Newcomer of the Year honors while head coach Shawn Hamil was named the GAC Coach of the Year.
- Leonys Martin had a game-winning RBI single in the ninth inning as the Texas Rangers scored two unearned runs in a two-out rally against Fernando Rodney, beating the Seattle Mariners 3-2 on Wednesday night in a game that started as a battle of aces.
- Mike Conley hit two free throws with 1.1 seconds left in overtime, and the Memphis Grizzlies grabbed the Western Conference's No. 7 seed away from Dallas by edging the Mavericks 106-105 on Wednesday night in the regular season finale.
- Kevin Durant scored 42 points, including 21 in the fourth quarter, and the Oklahoma City Thunder secured the No. 2 playoff seed in the Western Conference, rallying from 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to beat the Detroit Pistons 112-111 Wednesday night.
Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 KATMANDU, Nepal (AP) -- An avalanche swept down a climbing route on Mount Everest early Friday, killing at least 12 Nepalese guides and leaving four missing in the deadliest disaster on the world's highest peak. Several more were injured....
Tulsa hires Frank Haith as new hoops coach TULSA, Okla. (AP) -- Tulsa hired Frank Haith of Missouri as its men's basketball coach Friday, landing a major-conference coach to lead the Golden Hurricane's transition from Conference USA to the American Athletic Conference this summer....