- Monta Ellis scored 21 points and the Dallas Mavericks rolled to a 113-92 victory over San Antonio on Wednesday night, snapping a 10-game skid against the Spurs and evening their first-round series at a game apiece.
- The East Central University baseball team will head to Durant, Okla., for the final regular-season games of the 2014 season, with a three-game Great American Conference series against Southeastern Oklahoma State. A single game is set for Friday, April 25 at 2 p.m. and a double-header for Saturday, April 26 at 1 p.m.
- Martin Perez pitched his second consecutive shutout to extend his scoreless innings streak to 26 and the Texas Rangers wrapped up a three-game sweep of the Oakland Athletics with a 3-0 victory Wednesday.
- The North Central Texas College Lady Lions tennis team will be heading to the NJCAA National Tournament after a strong showing at the recent NJCAA Region V tournament held in Plano.
- The East Central University softball team will wrap up the 2014 regular-season this weekend when they host Ouachita Baptist, April 25-26 at Lady Tiger Field. The teams will play double-headers each day, with Friday, April 25 scheduled to start at 2 p.m. and Saturday, April 26 at noon.
Road teams off to flying start in NBA playoffs MIAMI (AP) -- Here's the list of teams that had home-court advantage entering the opening round of these NBA playoffs: Indiana, Miami, Toronto, Chicago, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Houston and the Los Angeles Clippers....
Seahawks to open NFL season vs. Packers NEW YORK (AP) -- Mike McCarthy promises there won't be any bad memories plaguing his Green Bay Packers when they open the NFL season on Sept. 4 at Super Bowl champion Seattle....