- Southeastern rodeo continued its strong push to the finish with a pair of event championships and seven short-go qualifiers on a busy weekend at the Fort Hays State Rodeo in Hays, Kan.
- For the 10th-straight summer, Southeastern football will be hosting the Gridiron Golf Shootout, with this year's event scheduled for June 28th at Silverado Golf Course in Durant, Okla.
- East Central University softball juniors Kaile Marcum and Lacey Williams were honored by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and Muscle Mile as 2014 All-American Athlete Award recipients. Marcum and Williams are two of 19 softball and 138 total student-athletes from all collegiate divisions across the country to earn the honor this season.
- Southeastern's Jessica Simmons has been named the Great American Conference Player of the Week following her performance in the series victory over Southwestern Oklahoma State this past weekend.
- The Charlie Strong era began at Texas with a shaky performance at quarterback and few questions answered about just how quickly the Longhorns can rebound in the Big 12 under their new coach.