Cowboys DE Spencer likely on 1-year deal again

Dallas defensive end Anthony Spencer is likely to play a second straight season under a one-year contract after talks with the Cowboys failed to produce a long-term deal.

Spencer's agent, Jordan Woy, said Tuesday that both sides are happy even without a deal. Spencer said earlier this month he wasn't worried about his contract situation. He can't sign a multiyear deal after July 15.

The 29-year-old Spencer signed a $10.6 million tender in March after Dallas put the franchise tag on him for the second year in a row. Spencer made $8.8 million in 2012, when he led the Cowboys with a career-high 106 tackles and had his first double-digit sack season with 11.

Spencer is moving from linebacker to defensive end with the Cowboys switching to the 4-3.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 213040641 - http://kxii.com/a?a=213040641