Cowboys' Spencer will start year on active roster

Dallas defensive end Anthony Spencer's recovery from microfracture surgery on his left knee is coming along well enough for him to start the season on the active roster.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday that Spencer wouldn't be ready for the Sept. 7 opener against San Francisco, but would avoid a six-week stay on the physically unable to perform list.

The 30-year-old Spencer said he hopes to return to practice within two weeks, but can't say when he'll be ready for a game.

Spencer dealt with a nagging knee issue throughout the offseason last year and skipped the opener before playing in Kansas City. When swelling and soreness persisted, he opted for microfracture surgery last October.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 272810141 - http://kxii.com/a?a=272810141