Denison to name Rogers head coach

DENISON, TX - After more than 170 applicants and narrowing the field to three finalists last week, Denison will name Chad Rogers at 11 a.m. on Monday at the DISD Administration building to be its next head football coach and athletic director.

Rogers will join Denison from Snyder, where is the all-time winningest coach and is 96-40 in 11 seasons with nine playoff appearances. Snyder went 11-2 this past season, losing to Shallowater in the regional semifinal.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Jacket Fan on Mar 22, 2012 at 06:18 PM
    He was at the booster club meeting Monday. I think this is a step in the right direction. Maybe the good old boys (cap on head feet in chair) will drop out of the booster club with the coaching change. First impression for me was good.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 20, 2012 at 05:27 AM
    Seems everyones got some advice.........I got some for the advice givers. Why don't you shut your pie hole long enough to see what the guy can do. If your such the expert, maybe you should have put your application in for the job. Good luck Coach - 98% of Denison is on board and the other 2% will hop on the band wagon when the Jackets are winning!
  • by JacketMaster on Mar 19, 2012 at 02:02 PM
    Welcome Home, Coach. I am thrilled with this opportunity for Denison Girls and Boys Atheletics.
  • by Billy Location: Denison on Mar 19, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    Welcome aboard Coach Rogers. Some folks in Denison won't be happy unless they hired Criswell back.
  • by Rachel Location: Denison on Mar 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    Team discipline, strong character, hard work is fantastic. How about kicking those that don't obey the rules OFF THE TEAM?!! Not a slap on the wrist and let them continue playing. Tired of watching kids who may have talent but no respect or work ethic get to play over kids who work hard and have good character. Eager to see what changes lay in store.
  • by Brian on Mar 19, 2012 at 09:14 AM
    Ummm.....In football....In Snyder. It's right there in the story.
  • by Always a JACKET Location: Denison on Mar 19, 2012 at 08:13 AM
    Never opposed to a change! Just hope that they stay true to the coaches/families that have stuck out this change. They believe in the fine young athletes in this area and DESERVE THE OPPORTUNITY to show him what they have and can do!!
  • by Anonymous on Mar 19, 2012 at 05:59 AM
    Hope to see changes made with the boys and girls sports. Lord only knows Denison needs it.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 18, 2012 at 08:06 AM
    "All time winningest coach"? In what? Where? I've never heard of him. I thought G.A. Moore was the all time winningest coach in Texas.
    • reply
      by Anonymous on Mar 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM in reply to
      RE-read the story he was Snyder's All-time winningest coach.
    • reply
      by Mickey on Mar 20, 2012 at 12:31 PM in reply to
      Yea, he is Snyder's all time winningest coach. The last I heard though, every school has had one.
  • by jacket fan Location: Denison Texas on Mar 18, 2012 at 07:07 AM
    should be an interresting season for the yellow jackets with Chad Rogers coming in Welcome to Denison Texas.
  • Page:
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 143063015 - kxii.com/a?a=143063015
Gray Television, Inc.