- Derek Holland struck out every Baltimore batter while throwing a three-hitter for his eighth career shutout, leading the Texas Rangers over the Orioles 6-0 Sunday to complete a three-game sweep.
- Bobby Wilson lined a tie-breaking single with two out in the sixth inning, and Adrian Beltre hit his 13th home run as the Texas Rangers beat the Baltimore Orioles 4-3 on Saturday night.
- ARLINGTON, Texas -- Yovani Gallardo earned his 100th career victory, Delino DeShields had a part in all the Texas runs even without an RBI and the Rangers stopped the Toronto Blue Jays' five-game winning streak, 4-1 Thursday.
- Long black hair swinging from his helmet, 303-pound defensive lineman Mike Purcell intercepted Dustin Vaughan's pass and returned it 37 yards for a touchdown to help the San Francisco 49ers beat the Dallas Cowboys 23-6 on Sunday night.
- Cole Hamels threw six strong innings, and Mike Napoli and Chris Gimenez homered as the Texas Rangers held onto the second America League wild card spot with a 4-2 win over the Detroit Tigers on Sunday.
- DETROIT (AP) - Alfredo Simon threw a one-hitter in his first career complete game and the Detroit Tigers beat the Texas Rangers 4-0 on Thursday night in a matchup of AL wild-card contenders.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.