Posted: 10:44 PM
- Nelson Cruz homered twice, A.J. Pierzynski drove in three runs and the Texas Rangers snapped a six-game losing streak with an 8-7 win over the AL West-leading Oakland Athletics on Monday night.
- Manu Ginobili had 24 points and 10 assists in a surprise start to spark the San Antonio Spurs to a 114-104 victory over the Miami Heat in Game 5 of the NBA Finals on Sunday night, pushing the Spurs one victory away from their fifth championship.
- Chien-Ming Wang won for the first time in more than a year, Colby Rasmus homered for a third straight game, and the Toronto Blue Jays completed a four-game of sweep by beating the Texas Rangers 7-2 on Sunday for their fifth straight victory.
- Greg Biffle raced to his second straight Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway, easily holding off Kevin Harvick after points leader Jimmie Johnson smacked the wall in the final laps Sunday.
- Mark Buehrle threw seven shutout innings, Colby Rasmus and J.P. Arencibia homered, and the Toronto Blue Jays handed the Texas Rangers their fourth straight loss, 8-0 on Friday night.