FANNIN COUNTY, Tex. -- An explosion at an office building has injured one woman in Fannin County. It happened around ten o’clock Wednesday morning on Augusta Street and Hamilton at an office near some grain elevators in Trenton, Texas.
Authorities say someone in the office building accidentally bumped into a gas jet, releasing propane gas into the office.
A woman working at that location had lit a candle not knowing the gas valve had been opened. The Trenton fire chief says the woman opened the door and unknowingly let the leaking gas into her office.
The victim suffered minor burns on her arm and forehead. She was treated by EMS at the scene
Eyewitnesses reported seeing blue streaks of flames just before the explosion.
The Trenton fire chief said the incident could have been a lot worse.
The gas valve has been fixed, and the city should not be at risk for any similar incidents.
Damage to the office building is said to be minimal.