LONDON (CNNMoney.com) -- General Electric said Wednesday it was recalling 92,000 microwave combo wall ovens due to fire hazard.
The recall includes built-in units sold under the GE, GE Profile and Kenmore brands. The appliances were manufactured in the U.S.
GE said the door switch in the microwave oven can overheat and should stop being used immediately. The lower oven, however, can still be used.
The recalled units were sold from January 2000 to December 2003 and cost between $1,500 and $2,000, according to GE, which announced the recall with the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
The company said there have been about 35 incidents of property damage that have occurred, but no injuries have been reported.
GE is offering a free repair on GE and GE Profile units or a rebate toward the purchase of a new product. Sears is doing the same for Kenmore units.
Consumers should contact GE at 888-240-2745 or www.geappliances.com. Sears can be reached at 888-679-0282 or www.sears.com.
KINGSTON, OK - Officials from Pointe Vista -- the company under contract to build a hotel and convention center at Lake Texoma State Park--said they have discussed infrastructure for homes near the park with the town of Kingston.
Posted: 12/11/2013 - DICKSON, OK - A group of Dickson school parents who want their schools to be audited have now collected enough signatures to get the ball rolling.