Fire destroys Ardmore home

By: KXII-TV Staff Email
By: KXII-TV Staff Email

ARDMORE, Okla. -- Firefighters were on the scene Wednesday evening of what was a major fire at a home at 3rd Avenue Northwest and I Northwest just off Grand.

Firefighters were still putting out hotspots Wednesday evening , but thick, black smoke could be seen for miles earlier Wednesday afternoon.

Investigators believe it started when someone inside the home was re-fueling a heater with kerosene, and a leak on the heating unit ignited.

Those inside this home were able to make it out safely.

The home is a total loss.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Concerned Citizen Location: Ardmore on Jan 3, 2008 at 04:49 PM
    As a citizen of Ardmore, I would like to question the fact that "the house was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived." According to people who live around that area, it took at 25 minutes after the fire department arrived to even get a hose on the flames. It was also stated that they didn't know where any hyrdrants were in the area. I can attest to that because I do own a scanner and from what I was hearing they were having difficulty finding one. 25 minutes..... to me that is a long time to let a fire burn. If this is true, it just tells me that the fire department of Ardmore is (a) either not doing their job or (b) don't really care about it's residents. Which poses another question. Have you noticed how Ardmore has three fire stations, 2 in the far NW part of town (in the upper class section) and one in the east part of town that is only manned by 2 people. Think about it.
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 12989397 - kxii.com/a?a=12989397
Gray Television, Inc.