ARDMORE, Okla. -- Firefighters were on the scene Wednesday evening of what was a major fire at a home at 3rd Avenue Northwest and I Northwest just off Grand.
Firefighters were still putting out hotspots Wednesday evening , but thick, black smoke could be seen for miles earlier Wednesday afternoon.
Investigators believe it started when someone inside the home was re-fueling a heater with kerosene, and a leak on the heating unit ignited.
Those inside this home were able to make it out safely.
The home is a total loss.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.