Pontotoc Co. deputy saves family from fire

By: KXII News Staff Email
By: KXII News Staff Email

PONTOTOC COUNTY, Okla. -- Around 4:00 a.m. Saturday morning, Deputy Brent Rhoads was patrolling an area near Ada when he saw heavy smoke and fire coming from a mobile home on SH 3W.

Rhoads ran to the front door of the mobile home where he finally made contact with the owner, Sean Keeling, who was unaware of the fire at the time. Keeling’s wife and three children were also inside the home at the time but made it out safely.

Both the Ada Fire Department and the Oil Center Volunteer Fire Department assisted.

A defective vent pipe connected to an inside wood burning stove is to blame.

The home only suffered minor fire and smoke damage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 13291567