ANNA, Tex. -- One person is dead after fire engulfed a mobile home in Anna on Tuesday.
A mother and son were home at the time the fire broke out. The son made it out but the elderly mother was left behind.
The mother, whose name has not been released, was in the back bedroom at the time of the blaze. Firefighters initially had trouble fighting the flames due to gusty winds and lack of water. Several trucks had to re-supply and return to battle the blaze. But it didn't come in time to save the woman.
The fire spread to a nearby grassy area, but firefighters quickly extinguished the additional blaze.
Investigators believe the fire was sparked by space heaters, but have not made a final determination as of yet.
Updated: 12/02/2013 - HOWE, TX -- Howe Police say they arrested a man for Animal Cruelty and Possession of Marijuana Sunday.
Updated: 12/02/2013 - NEW YORK (AP) - Federal investigators say they're trying to determine whether excessive speed, mechanical problems or human error could have played a role in the deadly derailment of a commuter train in New York City.