1 dead in Anna mobile home fire

ANNA, Tex. -- One person is dead after fire engulfed a mobile home in Anna on Tuesday.

A mother and son were home at the time the fire broke out. The son made it out but the elderly mother was left behind.

The mother, whose name has not been released, was in the back bedroom at the time of the blaze. Firefighters initially had trouble fighting the flames due to gusty winds and lack of water. Several trucks had to re-supply and return to battle the blaze. But it didn't come in time to save the woman.

The fire spread to a nearby grassy area, but firefighters quickly extinguished the additional blaze.

Investigators believe the fire was sparked by space heaters, but have not made a final determination as of yet.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by tammy Location: sherman on Jan 10, 2008 at 06:01 PM
    THE son has to feel bad I hope and pray that he knows that there was'nt anything he could of done.god bless him.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 10, 2008 at 02:47 PM
    I feel so bad for the man.god bless him
  • by Anonymous on Jan 9, 2008 at 01:56 PM
    Prayers for this family..............God will hold you during this tough time. Thank you to those who responded.
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 13563407 - kxii.com/a?a=13563407
Gray Television, Inc.