Space heater to blame in Ardmore fire

By: KXII-TV Staff Email
By: KXII-TV Staff Email

ARDMORE, Okla. -- A space heater is to blame for a house fire in Ardmore on Wednesday on Ninth Avenue near O Street.

Officials say the house was being renovated, so thankfully no one was inside.

The owner has plugged in an electric heater into the wall, hoping to prevent his pipes from freezing overnight.

The fire marshal says this should serve as a reminder how important it is to use heaters properly.

"We just need to be careful. Electric space heaters are not designed to warm a home. They're designed to be used while the person is in the room with it."

The damage is estimated at around $30,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 13869267 - http://kxii.com/a?a=13869267
Gray Television, Inc.