TRENTON, Tex. -- Fire destroyed a Fannin County couple's home Thursday night.
Firefighters say one of the homeowners started a fire in the fireplace and it grew out of control just after 5:00 p.m.
Trenton Chief C.J. Fillingham says when crews arrived at the home on County Road 4415, it was fully engulfed.
Luckily, the homeowner got out safely, but it took five departments about four hours to put out the flames.
Fillingham says high winds made this fire extremely difficult to fight.
"We had to move trucks a quarter mile down the road just in case embers blew down there as a precautionary measure," Fillingham said.
The home was a total loss.