Fannin County couple loses home in fire

By: KXII Staff Email
By: KXII Staff Email

TRENTON, Tex. -- Fire destroyed a Fannin County couple's home Thursday night.

Firefighters say one of the homeowners started a fire in the fireplace and it grew out of control just after 5:00 p.m.

Trenton Chief C.J. Fillingham says when crews arrived at the home on County Road 4415, it was fully engulfed.

Luckily, the homeowner got out safely, but it took five departments about four hours to put out the flames.

Fillingham says high winds made this fire extremely difficult to fight.

"We had to move trucks a quarter mile down the road just in case embers blew down there as a precautionary measure," Fillingham said.

The home was a total loss.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Flores Location: trenton on Feb 1, 2008 at 09:56 AM
    We are from trenton and our hearts go out to you in this time of need. we heard the sirens and had no idea it was something like this. May god be with you.
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 15094126 -
Gray Television, Inc.