Mercury poisoning in Colbert – UPDATE

By: KXII-TV Staff Email
By: KXII-TV Staff Email

COLBERT, Okla. -- New details emerged Friday about a house in Colbert that remains sealed off due to mercury poisoning.

An Environmental Protection Agency scientist says they went in the house Thursday to monitor the air quality, and they found extremely high levels of mercury vapor.

Officials are currently ventilating the house with box fan and plan on going back Monday to start cleaning up.

The EPA says anything that absorbed the vapors like carpet and curtains will have to be thrown away before it will be livable again.

The man and woman who ingested the deadly vapors are still in the hospital.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 16912436 - http://kxii.com/a?a=16912436
Gray Television, Inc.