COLBERT, Okla. -- New details emerged Friday about a house in Colbert that remains sealed off due to mercury poisoning.
An Environmental Protection Agency scientist says they went in the house Thursday to monitor the air quality, and they found extremely high levels of mercury vapor.
Officials are currently ventilating the house with box fan and plan on going back Monday to start cleaning up.
The EPA says anything that absorbed the vapors like carpet and curtains will have to be thrown away before it will be livable again.
The man and woman who ingested the deadly vapors are still in the hospital.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.