Smoke alarm saves lives in Sherman fire

By: KXII-TV Staff Email
By: KXII-TV Staff Email

SHERMAN, Tex. -- Firefighters are crediting a smoke alarm for saving six people early Friday morning in Sherman.

Officials say the fire broke out in a duplex in the 300 block of North Carl Avenue around 5:30 Friday morning.

A smoke alarm woke a family of six up in one of the duplex homes. Another man in the other home also got out safely.

"With this fire, the husband came up and told firefighters everyone got out safely, including three children," Sherman Fire Chief Jeff Jones said.

No word on a cause or how much damage was done. The fire is under investigation.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 17092226 - http://kxii.com/a?a=17092226