Fire claims home at Gainesville Boat Club

By: Mystic Matthews Email
By: Mystic Matthews Email

GRAYSON COUNTY, Tex. – A home near Lake Texoma catches fire and leaves a firefighter in the hospital. Fire officials are now looking into what may have sparked the blaze.

The fire broke out in a home, in the Gainesville Boat Club housing addition in Sherwood Shores.

Captain Benjamin Blackwell with Sherwood Shores Fire Department says the firefighter that was injured was overcome by heat exhaustion and was taken to Wilson N Jones Hospital in Sherman.

The owners are weekenders, so no one was inside at the time. Six departments were called out to the fire and were able to get it under control in 45 minutes.

Blackwell says, "We made a fast attack with our engine and kept it from spreading to the other two houses nearby. Mutual aid got here and we were able to contain the fire.”

Blackwell says at this time, the house appears to be a total loss, but they were waiting for the home to cool off to get inside and further assess the damage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 17835784 - http://kxii.com/a?a=17835784
Gray Television, Inc.