6 hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning

By: KXII Staff Email
By: KXII Staff Email

SHERMAN -- Six people were hospitalized Tuesday afternoon for carbon monoxide poisoning.

When the Sherman Fire Department arrived, they say they found high levels of the poisonous gas detected in the home.

There was a smoke detector in the residence but no carbon monoxide detector.

Firefighters have started the process of airing out the house on Kevin Street.

"It’s an odorless gas and you don’t really realize that your carbon monoxide levels are high in your house until you start developing symptoms," said Sherman firefighter Jason Sparlin.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, vomiting and fainting.

No word on the conditions of those victims.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8079752 - http://kxii.com/a?a=8079752