HOWE, TEXAS -- An old barn in Howe burned to the ground this afternoon due to careless smoking.
Grayson County Fire Marshal Kevin Walton says the barn off FM 902 and John Fields Lane went up in flames around noon.
Walton says a man who was demolishing the building accidentally flicked his cigarette into a pile of corn husks.
Howe and Gunter firefighters put out the blaze. The barn is a total loss.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.