SHERMAN, TX -- A Sherman apartment fire left two families without a home Saturday night.
Sherman Fire Chief Jeff Jones says a total of seven people are displaced from Rain Tree Apartments. He says a cigarette started the fire between the first and second floor of Building 12.
Firefighters say the flames ignited around 7:15 p.m.
Crews say it did not take them long to put the fire out.
Updated: 12/02/2013 - HOWE, TX -- Howe Police say they arrested a man for Animal Cruelty and Possession of Marijuana Sunday.
Updated: 12/02/2013 - NEW YORK (AP) - Federal investigators say they're trying to determine whether excessive speed, mechanical problems or human error could have played a role in the deadly derailment of a commuter train in New York City.