PARIS, TX -- A two-year-old Paris boy has died from his injuries Wednesday morning, after being choked while playing with a dog last week.
Emergency crews were called to the 600 block of Southeast 10th Street last Tuesday after the child was found unconscious.
Paris Police say the toddler was in the back yard with a dog attached to a tree by a nylon rope.
The dog was moving around the tree and caught the toddler in the rope and it wrapped around his neck, choking him.
"The investigation is near completion and he was going to take all of his findings to the county attorney's office for them to make any determination if there's any foul play," said Officer Curtis Garrett, with the Paris Police Department.
Paris Police say the child was taken to a Dallas hospital and never regained consciousness.
Posted: 10:27 PM - LAKE KIOWA, TX -- With recent rain and warm weather, mosquitoes are back and they're biting. Two human cases of West Nile have already been reported in Texas. One Texoma community is prepping for the virus, and Cooke County officials are urging you to protect yourself.
Posted: 4:58 PM - DENISON, TEXAS -- More than 60 people were splishin and splashin at Waterloo Pool in Denison Tuesday morning, lending their arms and legs to what they hope will be a new record for the world's largest simultaneous swim lesson.