PARIS, TX -- A two-year-old Paris boy has died from his injuries Wednesday morning, after being choked while playing with a dog last week.
Emergency crews were called to the 600 block of Southeast 10th Street last Tuesday after the child was found unconscious.
Paris Police say the toddler was in the back yard with a dog attached to a tree by a nylon rope.
The dog was moving around the tree and caught the toddler in the rope and it wrapped around his neck, choking him.
"The investigation is near completion and he was going to take all of his findings to the county attorney's office for them to make any determination if there's any foul play," said Officer Curtis Garrett, with the Paris Police Department.
Paris Police say the child was taken to a Dallas hospital and never regained consciousness.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.