Areas Affected: Delta; Hopkins
...The Flood Warning continues for the following areas in Texas...
South Sulphur River Near Cooper Affecting Delta and Hopkins
The Flood Warning continues for
The South Sulphur River Near Cooper.
* At 0815 AM Friday the stage was 19.04 feet.
* Flood stage is 16 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 19 feet by Friday afternoon. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* Forecast...The river will crest near 19 feet Friday afternoon then remain above flood for the next few days. &&
Do not drive cars through flooded areas. Caution is urged when walking near riverbanks. Stay tuned to NOAA All Hazards Radio for the latest river forecasts.
Areas Affected: Grayson
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a
* Flood Advisory for Minor Flooding in Poor Drainage Areas for... Southern Grayson County in north central Texas...
* Until 245 PM CDT.
* At 1247 PM CDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms that were producing heavy rainfall across southern Grayson County. Excessive runoff from these thunderstorms will cause minor flooding. Areas that are low lying or usually experience poor drainage are most likely to experience flooding. This means some low water crossings in the region may become impassable. A few roads are still closed due to the heavy rain that we have received during the last several days. Do not drive around barricades.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include... Sherman, Van Alstyne, Howe, Collinsville, Gunter, Tom Bean, Dorchester and Tioga.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles. Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small creeks and streams, country roads, farmland, and other low lying spots. A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated, or ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.