7-27-05 – The Super 8 Motel and two nearby gas stations were evacuated Wednesday evening after a natural gas leak off highway 75 and FM 1417 in Sherman. A landscaping crew hit the line while burrowing underneath the ground.
The crew was not authorized to be there by motel management and when asked to leave, accidentally ruptured the four-inch line when trying to remove their equipment.
49 people total were asked to evacuate around six o’clock. Sherman Fire secured the area while Atmos energy arrived to stop the leak.
The line was turned off and people were cleared to return to the buildings around 8pm, but around 50 nearby homes were left without gas service.
Atmos repaired the line late Wednesday night. Representatives will go door-to-door Thursday morning to start pilot lights for residents.
Updated: 05/23/13 - COOKE COUNTY, TX - The TCEQ is investigating what could be in the air after a massive Cooke County fire produced smoke that could be seen for miles. Read More
Updated: 05/22/13 - COOKE COUNTY, TX - A large black plume of smoke from a Cooke County fire could be seen all the way from Sherman Tuesday. Read More
Updated: 05/20/13 - BONHAM, TX-Fannin County Commissioners discussed how they can fix some water leaks at the courthouse Monday. Read More
Posted: 05/20/13 - BONHAM, TX- Bonham city officials decided to continue their negotiations on the fate of two collapsed buildings downtown. Read More