DENISON, TX-Denison fire officials brought in some extra help to find out what caused a fire that destroyed a Crawford street home Wednesday.
Fire Marshal, John Weda said an accelerant-sniffing dog from the State Fire Marshal's office combed the lot, looking for clues to what started the blaze. Weda said the fire is still under investigation and test results on the evidence they found Thursday should be back by next week.
Weda said a separate house fire on Chandler Street in Denison yesterday was caused by a lit cigarette. He said the cigarette caught the front porch and some wiring on fire. That home is now being repaired.
Posted: 12/04/2013 - DALLAS (AP) - A blast of arctic air is headed for Texas, promising at least days of subfreezing temperatures and wintry precipitation in much of northern and western Texas.
Posted: 11/04/2013 - (MURRAY COUNTY, OKLAHOMA ) -- OHP says two teen boys were injured in a head-on collision near Sulphur this afternoon.
Posted: 10/10/2013 - GRAYSON CO, TX-When the government shut down 10 days ago, so did the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Area farmers said if the shutdown continues, it will affect their benefits and a farm bill they depend on for their livelihood.
KXII has a brand new app! We have added loads of great new features including Live Video, Improved Weather & Radar, Easier Navigation and more.