DENISON, TX-Denison fire officials brought in some extra help to find out what caused a fire that destroyed a Crawford street home Wednesday.
Fire Marshal, John Weda said an accelerant-sniffing dog from the State Fire Marshal's office combed the lot, looking for clues to what started the blaze. Weda said the fire is still under investigation and test results on the evidence they found Thursday should be back by next week.
Weda said a separate house fire on Chandler Street in Denison yesterday was caused by a lit cigarette. He said the cigarette caught the front porch and some wiring on fire. That home is now being repaired.
Updated: 05/23/13 - COOKE COUNTY, TX - The TCEQ is investigating what could be in the air after a massive Cooke County fire produced smoke that could be seen for miles. Read More
Updated: 05/22/13 - COOKE COUNTY, TX - A large black plume of smoke from a Cooke County fire could be seen all the way from Sherman Tuesday. Read More
Updated: 05/20/13 - BONHAM, TX-Fannin County Commissioners discussed how they can fix some water leaks at the courthouse Monday. Read More
Posted: 05/20/13 - BONHAM, TX- Bonham city officials decided to continue their negotiations on the fate of two collapsed buildings downtown. Read More