DENISON, TX-Two Denison residents are injured in a kitchen fire Wednesday afternoon.
Denison firefighters rushed to the 600 block of West Day around 3:15 p.m. for a possible structure fire. Assistant Chief, Bill Ray said a couple tried to cook, when grease left on the stove ignited and scorched the kitchen cabinets. He said one of the residents tried to extinguish the flames, but instead got first-degree burns. Another resident suffered smoke inhalation.
"Anytime you put something on the stove to cook, stay with it unless you remove it from the stove or turn it off. Don't ever leave anything on the stove cooking," he said.
The couple was treated and released on the scene.
Posted: 12/04/2013 - DALLAS (AP) - A blast of arctic air is headed for Texas, promising at least days of subfreezing temperatures and wintry precipitation in much of northern and western Texas.
Posted: 11/04/2013 - (MURRAY COUNTY, OKLAHOMA ) -- OHP says two teen boys were injured in a head-on collision near Sulphur this afternoon.
Posted: 10/10/2013 - GRAYSON CO, TX-When the government shut down 10 days ago, so did the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Area farmers said if the shutdown continues, it will affect their benefits and a farm bill they depend on for their livelihood.
KXII has a brand new app! We have added loads of great new features including Live Video, Improved Weather & Radar, Easier Navigation and more.