SHERMAN, TX-An accidental kitchen fire caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Sherman home.
The fire happened on the 1600 block of Creekside Avenue Thursday afternoon.
Sherman fire marshal, Jamie Baggs, said a man left the stove on when he went outside. Minutes later, flames spread through the kitchen. Baggs said firefighters put out the flames within minutes. But the kitchen was a total loss, with smoke and water damage throughout the house.
The damage is estimated to be $40,000.
"People just need to be aware that when they have something on the stove. Try not to be preoccupied with other events," Baggs said.
He said the damage could've been worse if it wasn't for working smoke detectors in the home.
No one was hurt in that fire.
Posted: 1:09 PM - DALLAS (AP) - A blast of arctic air is headed for Texas, promising at least days of subfreezing temperatures and wintry precipitation in much of northern and western Texas.
Posted: 11/04/2013 - (MURRAY COUNTY, OKLAHOMA ) -- OHP says two teen boys were injured in a head-on collision near Sulphur this afternoon.
Posted: 10/10/2013 - GRAYSON CO, TX-When the government shut down 10 days ago, so did the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Area farmers said if the shutdown continues, it will affect their benefits and a farm bill they depend on for their livelihood.
KXII has a brand new app! We have added loads of great new features including Live Video, Improved Weather & Radar, Easier Navigation and more.