Madill house fire ruled accident, total loss

By: Sara Humphrey Email
By: Sara Humphrey Email

MADILL, OK - The fire broke out just blocks from the Madill Fire department. Firefighters said they were able to control the flames quickly, but they do call the home a total loss.

Sunday night didn't end the way Allyson Knight said she expected it to.

"Last night we were in the house and we heard this banging noise," Knight said.

"We got a call Sunday night at approximately nine minutes after 8 p.m., Madill Fire Chief Keith Pruitt said. "It was the report of a structure fire at 106 East Bird St."

Knight said she has lived next door to the home in Madill for many years.

"I mean, it was just shooting out," Knight said. "There is a back window up top and it was shooting out and it just kept spreading."

Witnesses like Knight told First News they saw flames start in the kitchen then spread to the second story of the home.

"No one was here at the time of the fire," Pruitt said. "The extreme heat with the firefighter bunker clothes was one of our major issues."

As of Monday afternoon, the state fire marshal only determined the fire to be an accident.

"He couldn't confirm any more than that it was accidental," Pruitt said.

Neighbors said the homeowner moved out about a year ago, but used the home for storage. She could not be reached for a comment.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 164325756 - http://kxii.com/a?a=164325756
Gray Television, Inc.