Thursday will see temperatures cooling behind a frontal passage, and northerly winds will increase to 20 to 30 mph. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
ARDMORE, OK--A home in Ardmore sent black smoke surging into the sky Friday evening.
Ardmore Fire Department arrived at a burning home at the 500th block of SW K street around six. Lone Grove showed up a little after to assist.
Ardmore Fire Marshall Clyde Ellis says the fire was started by a clothes dryer, and says most of the time this cause can be avoided.
"Clean your dryer vents on a regular basis. I'm talking like two or three times a year. The actual vent behind the dryer, not the dryer vent on top, the dryer vent behind," Ellis said.
Ellis says no one was home at the time of the incident, and no other homes were damaged.