Texoma Forecast

UPDATE: 9:50 p.m.
No changes to the forecast. Get ready for a hot and humid (and rather windy) Wednesday - Steve
======================================

Hot Wednesday, Front Thursday, Football-Friendly Friday
4:30 p.m. Tue 30 September 2014

Look for a warm night ahead for this time of year thanks to increasing cloud cover and a steady southerly breeze. Lows will range from the upper 60s to low 70s.

We ring in October on a hot note with highs generally between 89 and 94 degrees along with gusty southerly winds up to 25 mph. However, the heat won’t last very long because a cold front will pass through Thursday and bring scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms our way. A few strong storms are possible with a well-defined mid-level trough moving along with the front., and strong daytime heating.

The strong storm window will be contingent on the speed of the front as all of the potentially severe weather will be from 2 p.m. onward; right now the timing suggests basically areas located east of Highway 69/75 are in the threat zone.

In fact rain chances Thursday will decrease as your head westward, from 80% east to 40% west. Therefore, the average Thursday rain chance for the 7-Day Forecast will be posted as 60%.

This will be a quick rain event; a dry and mild high-pressure cell quickly takes control of Texoma skies for the weekend. I expect clear cool nights and sunny warm days from Friday through Sunday. There’s no rain elsewhere in my extended outlook after Thursday’s front and trough pass.

On the downside: it looks like unseasonably hot weather will return early next week as we get back into the 90-degree range once again.


Here are the numbers:

Tonight: Low Clouds Form Late…..Lows 68 to 72
Wednesday: Partly Cloudy, Windy…..Highs 89 to 94
Thursday: 60% Showers or Thunderstorms…..72/86
Friday: Mostly Sunny, Windy and Cooler…..60/81
Saturday: Sunny Skies…..53/82
Sunday: Sunny Skies …..58/86
Monday: Sunny Skies …..60/89
Tuesday: Mostly Sunny, Windy…..64/90

May You Have a Most Excellent Wednesday!

Steve LaNore
Chief Meteorologist
News 12 / Weather Authority

















AREA LAKE LEVELS


LAKE TEXOMA
LEVEL RELEASE

LAKE RAY ROBERTS
ARBUCKLE LAKE
ATOKA RESERVOIR
MCGEE CREEK LAKE
HUGO LAKE







WARNINGS AND WATCHES can be seen ON-AIR on KXII-TV.

You are welcome to send any severe weather reports that you may have to this address. Please continue to send other information, requests, but not pictures, to
weather@kxii.com

For information on the Holiday Vacations trips as seen on KXII-TV, click here.

  • Lake Texoma Temp: 80
  • Grayson County Airport Observed High: 90
  • Grayson County Airport Observed Low: 65
  • Rain: Sherman-Denison (KXII-TV): 0.00"
  • Ardmore High: 88
  • Ardmore Observed Low: 61
  • Rain: Ardmore : 0.00"
  • SunRise : October 1, 2014: 7:21 a.m.
  • SunSet: October 1, 2014: 7:10 p.m.
Click for NWS Hurricane Center website

Current Temperatures

Ardmore
Ada
Durant
Gainesville
Sherman/Denison
Paris

Allergy Info

Allergen Forecast
Allergen Index

KXII Meteorologists

Wava Denito

News Headlines

Heat advisory issued for much of state

Posted: 07/23/2014 - TULSA, Okla. (AP) - The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory through late Wednesday for much of the state as stifling heat and humidity continue to affect Oklahoma this week.

2 injured in Lamar Co. accident

Updated: 05/14/2014 - LAMAR COUNTY, TX-- A two vehicle accident in Lamar County Tuesday morning sent two people to a Plano hospital.

Fallin declares Okla. wildfire state of emergency

Posted: 05/05/2014 - OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Gov. Mary Fallin has declared a state emergency across Oklahoma after several wildfires broke out across the state, including a blaze north of Oklahoma City that destroyed at least a half dozen homes and left one man dead.

More News Headlines

Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability