Advertisement

Methane leak at SORD Landfill in Ardmore cause fire

A gas leak caused a fire at an Ardmore Landfill Saturday morning.
A gas leak caused a fire at an Ardmore Landfill Saturday morning.(kxii)
Published: Feb. 13, 2021 at 6:41 PM CST|Updated: Feb. 13, 2021 at 6:53 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

ARDMORE, Okla. (KXII) - A gas leak caused a fire at an Ardmore landfill Saturday morning.

It happened around 10 a.m. at the Southern Oklahoma Regional Disposal on SORD road near highway 199.

Firefighters said a valve ruptured on a heat exchanger which is used to transfer gas.

Dickson Volunteer Fire Chief Clarence Perryman said it leaked methane causing the equipment to go up in flames.

He said landfill workers put out the fire, and said no one was hurt.

Copyright 2021 KXII. All rights reserved.