1-year-old needs 3 doses of Narcan after ingesting fentanyl, mother charged
PHOENIX (3TV/CBS5/Gray News) – First responders and medical staff had to use three doses of Narcan on a 1-year-old boy after he ingested fentanyl, according to court documents.
AZFamily reports emergency crews were called to respond to a home in southwest Phoenix for reports of a toddler not breathing.
His mother, 23-year-old Anna Chavez, gave him CPR until they arrived.
Paramedics gave the little boy two doses of Narcan and rushed him to the hospital where he was given a third dose.
According to police, tests revealed the 1-year-old had fentanyl in his system.
Court documents say officers found eight counterfeit pills and about $10,000 in cash inside the home.
Chavez denied there could’ve been fentanyl in the home, saying she cleans the home, according to police.
She told officers she gave the boy a bottle in the morning and afternoon, and he was breathing normally.
Chavez was charged with felony child abuse.
Copyright 2022 Gray Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.