A man sent to the hospital after hotel room catches fire

Published: Feb. 4, 2023 at 7:01 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SHERMAN, Texas (KXII) -One man in Sherman was sent to the hospital after their hotel room caught fire.

Saturday around 4:30 a.m. both Sherman Police and Fire responded to the Quality Suites in regards to a structure fire.

Sherman Fire Chief Billy Bob Hartsfield tells News 12 that from the preliminary investigation, the occupant in Room 112 seems to be the culprit.

A Quality Suites employee said two men were in the room at the time.

But only one occupant was taken to the local hospital with burn injuries.

Hartsfield said the couch in the hotel room initially caught fire, spreading to the rest of the room.

Sherman Fire says while just Room 112 sustained fire damage, several rooms sustained water damage from the sprinklers.

This is a developing story. News 12 will keep you updated.